Re: Thanks again Patterson, quick question.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ender from proxy3.vista1.sdca.home.com on January 18, 2000 at 06:58:50:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks again Patterson, quick question..... posted by Brian K. on January 17, 2000 at 19:13:28:

Thanks for the info... I agree with you that it would probably look better with the leather area there, and be more durable to boot. However, can you, or Patterson, please post the link to his website? I'd like to take a look at his pics.

Thanks! :)

- Ender

: Take a look on www.indygear.com/jacket.htm and look at indiana john's ( the first set of pictures ) inside jacket collar. You'll see on his coat that the area on the inside of the collar just above the Wested label where the little coat hanger ring ( for lack of a better description ) is located, the material surrounding that little strip of leather is a sewn on piece of the same material as the lining, whichever one you get. On really nice leather jackets, you'll see this whole area around the inner collar is made of leather. Though more expensive a solution than lining, this area is prone to a lot of wear, and since lining material wears out faster than leather....Patterson has pictures of his jacket as well on the site. Click on his jacket, located a little further down, and you'll see an inside view of his jacket, sporting the leather sewn into this area instead of lining. It's just more durable, plus I think it makes the jacket look a little nicer. And for $250, I want the most durable jacket I can get. In the end it's just a matter of personal preference. Hope this is what ya wanted to know, cause it's all I really know :) As for the satin lining, I've heard from some on the forum that it tends to wear quickly, though I haven't gotten a definitive answer as to whether quickly is just as quick or quicker than the cotton. I would assume the latter, but then again, that's my assumption.

: Regards,
: Brian K.

: : Hey, I've got a question, too! :)

: : When you guys are talking about leather facings, what are you referring to? I apologize if I missed a thread here, but I've not been able to keep up on here as much as I'd like to. :(

: : I'd also like to know about the durability of the satin lining. Just out of curiosity, because I'm not gonna change. :)

: : Thanks!

: : - Ender

: : : Did they charge you extra for the facings, and if so and if you don't mind my asking, how much extra? Also you said you got extra leather facings around the zipper, is that correct?...how beneficial was that? how fast did the wear become evident on the first coat without these added goodies? ( and which lining did you have...my order right now is a Raiders in cotton...if you've tried both linings, which is more durable? ) Sorry to be bomarding you like this man, but as I really don't have the money to learn this stuff trial and error....anyway, thanks for all your help man. I really appreciate it.

: : : Regards, Brian K.

: : : : : I ordered mine 12/21 and subsequently after reading some of the posts here, I was thinking of asking Wested if I could get leather facings inside the collar, but assumed it was probably too late....maybe not...think I'll give'em a call. And thanks Patterson for pointing out the inner collar composition, as I probably wouldn't have noticed till I got it... I do wish all those stricken with the flu...at Wested and everyone else who may have/get.... it a speedy recovery. Get well soon y'all.

: : : : : Regards,
: : : : : Brian K.

: : : : : : Just called Wested this morning to checkup on how far along my jacket was. (I ordered mine on Dec. 22.) The gentleman I spoke with informed me that my jacket should be cut within the next week, and should be done in 2-3 weeks, no later than 3.

: : : : : : Evidentally, they were extremely hard hit by the Flu that's going around, and they've only got 3 people (out of a normal 50) working right now on preparing orders.

: : : : : : Just thought this might help other people guesstimate their approx. wait times.

: : : : : : - Ender

: : : : I think you'll be happy you had the facings done in leather. Another thing to consider is that the lining is pretty much the last thing they do. I'd also recommend the zipper on the inside pocket.

: : : : Cheers!

: : : : Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: