Thanks Patterson (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from redx19.xyplex.com on January 18, 2000 at 11:35:45:

In Reply to: In answer to Wested alteration questions, below, as well as other stuff... posted by Patterson on January 18, 2000 at 09:08:38:

: Hang with me – I do get to the point of the facings.

: The first jacket I purchased from Peter was a Raider's, predistressed, with cotton lining, in 48 Long. They did a wonderful job on the jacket, but I pretty much screwed-up the measurements. It ended up being too long in both the body and the sleeves. I was able to alter the sleeves myself, but the body was too long.

: Another thing that bothered me was the way they did the lining. I could see that there were two places where it would never last a year: the collar and the area below the zipper on the side opposite the storm flap. In both of these areas the cotton lining was exposed to the outer seam of the jacket and would experience excessive wear. The collar would receive ever more wear in that it was rubbing against my neck in the back, and against my 5-o’clock shadow along the sides and front. Also, I’ve observed that the jackets in the movies did have leather facings on the inside of the collar. The last thing that bothered me was the way the inside pocket’s opening lost its shape over time and with use.

: I discussed the above with Peter on ordering my second jacket – having bartered away the first to a fellow Indy fan. Peter had no problem putting the facings on the inside of the collar and down the inside of both sides of the zipper. The facing on the storm flap side was really over-kill in retrospect. On the inside pocket, Peter recommended a zipper, which was perfect.

: As far as additional cost, I was already paying an additional £15 because I wear a 48 Regular and needed additional room in the upper arms – I’m an amateur powerlifter. As such, Peter threw in the additional modifications at no charge. I would assume there would be some nominal charge, but it would be well worth it.

: As far as the Wested production update, I just spent 40 minutes on the phone talking about everything from jacket production to past businesses to vacations at EuroDisney to the UK going metric. Always a pleasure to talk to Peter. I may have some explaining to do when the phone bill comes, though! Anyway, let me confirm that a combination of the backlog and the flu will delay my jacket ordered on 1/5 until the second week in February, with delivery in the third week of February. Not a problem as it will be well worth the wait as always.

: Cheers!

: Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: