Re: Indy Merchandise

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cap'n Paul from 204.208.30.165 on June 21, 1998 at 03:15:00:

In Reply to: What kind of merchandise? posted by BMan on June 18, 1998 at 16:18:48:

: I'm taking a trip to Disneyworld in August, and of course one of my priority items is to take in the Stunt Spectacular.

: I know there's an Indy gift store near the stunt show, but does anyone know what kind of Indygear is available? How big's the store? Is it OK, or will I be sorely disappointed?

: On a quasi-related note, why aren't there any Indy T-shirts out there? Maybe I'm just a diehard, but why couldn't there be a Calvin Klein knockoff shirt for Indy? I'm talking those two initial shirts. I own one that says SW- Star Wars Rebelwear. Why hasn't someone came up with IJ-Indiana Jones Adventurewear? It'd be a lot cooler than most of those gimmick shirts they sell.

: BMan

: BMan, I've been to DW three times and have enjoyed the IJ Stunt Spectacular each time. I was last there about 10 months ago. As far as purchasing IJ stuff, there was this little shop standing next to the Entrance/Exit to the Stunt Spectacular. (They get you going in and going out.) It was kind of ho-hum, plastic snakes, knives, watches, hats, and a truly unjustifiably expensive copy of the Raiders jacket. But I was actually more impressed with the stuff across the walkway from the entrances to the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean. This store had stuff that was more in keeping with the "spirit" of IJ. There were safari items, African masks, drums, carved animals, etc. It reminded me of an African trading outpost. Kind of cool.. -CP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]