Re: fedoras and westeds

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 19, 2000 at 15:25:07:

In Reply to: Re: fedoras and westeds posted by Michaelson on January 19, 2000 at 15:12:05:

: : i was just wondering if there was anyone here on this forum who is unhappy with their wested and if so why? I am looking into getting one and i have heard a lot of good things about them but would like to know if there is anything bad. And also where is the best place to get a TOD style fedora.
: : thanks for everyones help and input

: So far it seems that the Miller hat site is the going place for that style fedora, whether it be the Stetson 005 Indy or the Miller version. As to the Wested question, I only remember one specific problem being brought up in the past regarding the straps. Some of the earlier versions had a tendency to pull loose, but that has since been addressed by Peter and they are double stitched now to prevent that from happening. I have also read that the outside slit pockets (hand warmers) are just not big enough to easily slip your hands into. I have not had that problem with any of the ones I've been associated with, but my hands are long and thin, so if you have a "meater" hand, I can see this as a problem. I don't put my hands in my pockets anyway, so it just didn't jump out at me as a problem. Those are all I am personally aware of. Any others I missed? Regards. Michaelson

The hand slit issue came to mind first, but like you, I don't put my hands in my jacket pockets. I guess I have "meaty" hands. The only other thing is the facing on the inside of the collars that comes standard. I've sung this tune so many times - do I repeat it? Ask for leather facings on the inside of the collar and down the inside of the right hand zipper - you'll be happy you did. Also, have Peter put a zipper on the inside pocket - again, I think it's worth while.

Nothing else I can think of - Wested really does do a good job.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: