Don't get confused, the HJ fedora IS NOT a Stetson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-8.COL.cableone.net on January 19, 2000 at 20:52:31:

In Reply to: Have Not Heard from HJ-I Think Iam dropping the order to get Miller Version of Indiana Jones hat posted by INDY JONES on January 19, 2000 at 16:25:59:

: Dear Indy Fans

: I guess Iam not a patient man.I dont think a man should have to wait for a hat to come for 2 months and 2 weeks! Iam paying 300 dollars for a STETSON that has an HJ label...I know that sounds strange but I heard that from a supplier who had designed hats for HJ. I think it would be better and quicker if I got a hat from Miller...A Stetson temple or a Indiana Miller(probally Indiana Miller). Well, I'll give it some more time

: Regards; POSt your thoughts

: INDY JONES

Don't fall for this sort of misinformation. Stetson doesn't make a crown that tall in a dress hat, they don't have the tooling set up to do it. Stetson(Hatco) is a mass producer of felt hats. Most of their hats are produced in large numbers, with the exception of those real high end cowby hats. To think that they would produce limited numbers of the Poet for HJ is ludicrous, we just don't do it that way here in the States. They discontinued the Nostalgia because of poor sales, and I will bet you the Nostalgia sold better than the HJ simply due to the difference in price. Regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]