Re: Yes I did notice...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert from port4.westworld.ca on January 20, 2000 at 07:00:10:

In Reply to: Yes I did notice... posted by ROB T. on January 19, 2000 at 22:00:25:

: Lacombe seemed very Belloq-ish. Like Belloq is Lacombe's evil twin. And now that you mention it, the end did seem like an inverse of the end of "Raiders." I wonder if that's a coincidence.

: The print I saw must have been pretty old because it still had the scenes that you mentioned being taken out; the ship in the desert and Dreyfuss digging up the yard and the press conference. The only thing missing was the tour of the mother ship.

: Does Dreyfuss still leave with the aliens at the end of the special edition? I'm assuming he does since he's dressed in the red jumpsuit and it wouldn't make sense for him to change clothes just to tour the ship.

The Special Edition ending has Dreyfuss go off into the ship, we see the interior (again, a bit anti-climactic) and then the mothership takes off with Dreyfuss in it. You are correct. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]