Made the same mistake the first time around...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 20, 2000 at 08:13:52:

In Reply to: Wested posted by Brian K. on January 20, 2000 at 07:28:32:

: I read some of the FAQ's on IndyGear concerning the Wested, and I'm not too sure about the sleeve measurement I gave to Wested anymore. What I gave them was a measurement from the bottom of my neck, around the shoulder, to the top of my wrist ( the end of the wrist closest to my arm, not hand. ) Was this an incorrect measurement and if so is it possible for me to send it back for alteration if I find it's not long enough, or does Wested not do that?

: Regards,
: Brian K.

They really use three measurements to make alterations from the standard "off the rack" dimensions: shoulder to shoulder width, base of neck to hem length, and shoulder tip to cuff sleeve length. The shoulder to shoulder takes out the part of the sleeve measurement you gave them from base of neck to shoulder tip - they'll assume standard shoulder to shoulder and make up the difference in the sleeve length, unless it's way out of whack. Then, they'll just make an assumption for sleeve length based on what looks right in relation to the length of the jacket.

Does this make sense?

The result will be that the proportions of the jacket will look right on their tailor's mannequin.

The big question is - do you look good in a jacket off the rack? If you have to pay a fortune for suit alterations (like I do) you may want to call and explain your concerns to Peter/Jerry. They have been very patient and helpful with me – I usually pay more in alterations for a suit then I do for the suit itself! If you have no problems with off the rack suit jackets, then you're probably OK as you are in the hands of the masters.

Hope this helps rather then confuses.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: