Christopher Lambert Beowulf movie

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bewoulf from FPARK-244-201.usae.bah.com on January 20, 2000 at 09:49:10:

In Reply to: Not Indy related, but a question for Beowulf.... posted by Ulla on January 19, 2000 at 17:42:09:

: Hallo!
: Firstly,
: My history class, with the eminent Mr Pettit teaching, was reading a concise version of "Beowulf". I remembered that Gotz Otto was in the 1999 movie, and I did a bit of "research" on the internet and found his character was "Roland". The version I read did not mention this character, and I was wondering if you could please tell me, as I like the German actor Gotz Otto...? <:-)
: Adventuroulsy,
: Ulla
: "Hrothgar"

Well, the Christopher Lambert movie is VERY loosely based on the epic poem (and I mean VERY). It's also complete and utter shit. I have a copy and I've so far only made it through about 20 minutes of it before my brain started siezing up in protest against the abuse I was laying on it by forcing it to process such poorly written dialog. It's like an amatuer version of the first Highlander movie (which in many ways was somewhat amatuer itself) without ANY of the magiv that made Highlander a good movie. If it ever gets released in teh US, don't expect to see a lot of correlation between it and teh original poem. If you'd like a copy to see for yourself how bad it is I'd be happy to dub it for you.

I really have to check out the 13th Warrior now. That's twice now that I've heard that it is somewhat based on Beowulf.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]