Ken White "Indy Stetson" response

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 20, 2000 at 09:56:58:

In following up on a tip read here at the forum, I sent an email to Mr. White at the Hatter's London shop to see if we could get any further clarification on the Stetson discussion, specifically the rumor concerning Herbert Johnson obtaining Stetsons and refurbishing them to the HJ Indy standard. The following response is his email to me verbatim...

"Dear ______________

I keep getting all these emails from Indy fans - I'm sorry I said anything at all now!

Anyway- As far as I know,

I bought a Stetson Temple from JJ's in NY - and was told that it was the Indy hat. Stetson as a company say that they made the Indiana Jones hat. So it was a fair enough to assume that they do. It may be that they have the license to merchandise a hat and say it is the Indy hat, the same as HJ may say the same thing in different areas. It could be all just a licensing thing, without spending loads of time looking into it, which although would be fun, I have a bit of a full schedule, I cannot tell you more. All this happened long before I was involved with the Stetson company. I have been asked by lots of your members all about herber Johnson, what stock they have, how much they charge, what are their opening hours, etc. I don't know. I do not work for herbert Johnson. I am the sales rep for Stetson Hats in the UK. So please, any questions about HJ should be addressed to them.

I hope you get this cleared up.

Kind regards - Ken"

So there you have his direct response....he made an assumption, really does not know anything more than WE do, and does not appreciate our questions regarding this. And he is a sales rep. ??!! Go figure. Thought I'd share this will you. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]