Re: Indy trousers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 20, 2000 at 16:17:03:

In Reply to: Re: Indy trousers posted by guywho'spostingareply on January 20, 2000 at 15:46:12:

:
: : Can anyone tell me where I can get cheap replicas of the Indy pants ?

: Uh, no offense, but why is it so important to find a pair of pants JUST LIKE Indiana Jones's? Is it the button fly? Why should a person be so selective in looking for a pair of khakis that he needs a pair just like the ones Indiana Jones wore?

: Indy's pants are probably the least unique aspect of his outfit. Why not search for the hat or the jacket or the shirt?

Just a quick note to say that I agree to a point here. The trousers would be quite a ways down the list if you're wanting to put together an outfit, but as to them being just like anything else, that answer is a great, big no. They are not khaki, they are wool twill. They aren't even khaki colored. They're more of a taupe, but then that isn't even a good description. In all the years I've been collecting, I personally believe the pants were the most difficult, as once I received my Noel Howard Raiders pair I find that I haven't even come close to what I THOUGHT they were supposed to be in terms of color or construction. That being said, after the smoke clears it really doesn't make a difference, because I'll stay true to my tradition of wearing khaki's, as back in the early 80's we THOUGHT the pants were khaki, but I'll have to say to date I have not found any pair of pants outside of the Noel Howards that I can say are even a close match. I join our writer here in saying to go for the more obvious items before the pants. There are definately a lot of close matches for everything else, and without the high end price tag. Once you are ready to seek out the pants, I'd bite the bullet and buy the NH offering. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]