Re: Received New Wested.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana G.J.R. from spider-tr051.proxy.aol.com on January 20, 2000 at 20:54:51:

In Reply to: Re: Received New Wested..... posted by guywho'spostingareply on January 20, 2000 at 18:41:15:

: As I've said before (in my reply to Tom Jones's Indy trousers message) that I don't see the importance of collecting exact replicas of Indy gear. Now, I a rabid Indy fan just like all of us, but I think that at a certain point enough is enough.

: But I do have a question regarding the jacket. Is it a heavy one? I've heard that on the sets of the Indiana Jones films it was often 120 degrees in the shade. Harrison Ford's always said he had lots of fun shooting the Indy films, but is the leather jacket light enough to be bearable in that kind of heat?

The jacket's weight is in fact heavier, but Peter from Wested who i personally spoke to told me that the jackets weight is pretty much the same weight as the ones that were used in the films. I cant imagine wearing the jacket in a 120 degree weather, but when your adventuring and need protection like Indy did when being dragged by a german truck, then the Jacket comes in handy at any temperature. Seriously though, the jacket could be worn in 70 degree weather,so i would say that it is a three season jacket. Hope this helps,
G.J.R.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]