Re: Infernal Machine

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brom Jones from bern14.slip.yorku.ca on January 20, 2000 at 22:33:40:

In Reply to: Infernal Machine posted by Chantry on January 20, 2000 at 21:36:24:

: Is the Infernal Machine any good? I downloaded the demo and so far I'm not impressed. The graphics are horrible and it's confusing.

: I saw it at my local computer store for $45CDN so it had better be a lot better before I purchase it.

: What's the consensus?

Well, I got it for Christmas... and I like it. The levels are large, there is a lot of puzzle solving. There is also a fair amount of block moving, but so do most puzzle games of that type. Music is missed, as it only shows up when you enter certain areas. But this really makes these moments more intense. My personal favorite scene is when Indy steps out of a lava filled cave into this lush, tropical valley (Music swells, birds swoop overhead, a nice waterfall... just a nice scene). What really makes it shine is it's story, as it captures the half history/half supernatural feeling of Indy.
Yes, the graphics are dated, but as for it being confusing... did you try the "Map Hint" option? That tells you the general direction to go, and with a little thought when you get there, you shouldn't have a lot of problems. But it still beats all the Tomb Raider games.
Personally, I like it, but that's only my opinion

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]