Re: INDY4

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shishak from spider-wb022.proxy.aol.com on January 21, 2000 at 11:34:43:

In Reply to: INDY4 posted by Bill Anderson on January 21, 2000 at 06:13:03:

About a year to six months ago, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford said that INDIANA JONES 4 was well underway, and that filming would begin in the summer of 2000. But now they say that it will be much longer until it actually happens, if ever

In a recent Larry King interview, Spielberg said that there will eventually be a 4th Indy movie, "As long as Harrison's not too old to jump and I'm not too old to yell." I don't see why they should wait that long. I know that Lucas, Spielberg and Ford have other projects they're planning to carry out in the next few years, but I think that it is important for them to do this one soon--before they all get too old!!

It is said that Lucas will not be available until 2005, after the Star Wars trilogy is complete. But he can't use that as an excuse. RAIDERS was filmed and released between THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI, so I don't see why Indy 4 should have to wait until Episode 3 is completed and released.

Spielberg has been said to be preparing to direct HARRY POTTER and possibly A.I. (Artificial Intelligence), Stanley Kubrick's planned but never filmed sci-fi extravaganza. I would LOVE to see that, but I think it can wait a little longer. In the event that Steven ever does become too old to yell, he'd better get Indy 4 done soon!!
(I've been a crazed student of film my whole life, and I was really saddened when Kubrick died without me ever getting a chance to meet him. Please, Steven, remember to live long enough for me to get a chance to meet YOU someday!!)

Harrison Ford now says that if Indy 4 does ever happen, then he might not be in shape or interested in playing Indy again. He has other projects in the works, one of which may be another one of Clancy's Jack Ryan sagas. But he really seemed enthusiastic about playing Indiana Jones again before, back when they still thought that it would be made sooner. He can't back down if they decide to make it sooner. Sorry Jack Ryan, but there is a much more important hero with a scar on his chin!!

If Indy 4 does ever happen, then it had better happen soon. We need a story about Indy when he's an older adventurer. THE LAST CRUSADE did not provide closure to life of that character. We need to what happens later in his life, what future adventures he embarks on...

And we need to see them SOON!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]