Re: Stetson Hats

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-93.COL.cableone.net on January 24, 2000 at 21:49:46:

In Reply to: Stetson Hats posted by Tom on January 24, 2000 at 20:16:30:

: What are your thoughts on the Stetson Ark and Temple? Do you feel these are decent hats? And which of the two is better? Your thoughts are appreciated as I'm a little stuck between which of the many hats to choose from I should get.

I can't give an opinion on the Ark, but I owned a Temple and while the factory dimensional cut brim is great, the tapered crown is too pointy and not like any of the Indy fedoras. Of course you might be able to get this tapered crown reblocked to get most of the taper out, as I have been told this by several people. You might want to check out the Akubra Drover or Bushman as these two hats have the taller crown and modifications are relatively simple to do. Then there's a very nice fedora, the G-Man by Hippodrome Hatters that is promising. the only drawback here is that it comes with a 2 5/8 inch brim, which is a bit short for an Indy fedora. I do know the Ark has a crown that is too short for a good Indy fedora. Most of these shorter fedoras look really "squatty" to me when compared to the ones Indy wore. regards, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]