Re: Army Officer's Pinks

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim Cook from spider-wc042.proxy.aol.com on June 22, 1998 at 08:05:04:

In Reply to: Re: Army Officer's Pinks posted by Laurie Jensen on June 21, 1998 at 23:01:51:

: :
: : : There have been a few recent posts that have mentioned Army Officer's Pinks (dress slacks circa WWII) as a good likeness for the LC pants. I've seen some frontal pictures of the pants, but I can't make out some important details, namely whether Army Pinks have double flap back pockets or if they have plain fronts or pleated fronts. I'd also like to know what fabric the pants are made from (I'm guessing wool). Can anyone help me out?

: : I have a pair of these and they are the perfect gray color. They are of a wool gaberdine weave just like riding breeches (jodhpurs) that can be had at tack shops. The legs are baggy and straight cut and the rear pockets both have flaps. The tag sewn on the right front pocket
: : reads TROUSERS, WOOL, ELASTIQUE, DRAB, OFFICER'S, M-1944. The material is thick and durable yet supple, comfortable,
: : and soft (not itchy.) However you will have to compete with the military collectors market for these. Surplus stores are a joke anymore,
: : otherwise you could find a pair there like years ago for almost nothing.
: : Expect to pay around $30-$50 if you can find them. I'm glad you live 2500 miles away because I got mine for free and they're in mint condition. (and they fit me. . . brag, brag) By the way, thanks for the plug and check the follow up.

: Thanks for the info. I have a number of pants, but I'm not really satisfied with any of them. These sound like the closest thing out there to the real slacks. Tell me, would you suggest getting your regular size or a size larger to achieve Indy's baggy look? Or are the pants loose enough naturally?

Your regular size will do as they are naturally loose and baggy, rememeber this was the fashion and cut of the 40's which didn't differ much from work and casual clothes of the 30's. Try finding these on www.tmcx.com (a military collectors website) where you can post a free want ad or go to any local military relic show. Good luck and I hope to here some bragging rights from you soon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]