[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on June 22, 1998 at 10:10:37:

In Reply to: Re: W&G Catalog posted by Cap'n Paul on June 21, 1998 at 02:54:37:

: : Willis & Geiger
: : 1902 Explorers Trail
: : Reedsburg WI 53959
: : 1-800-223-1408

: : This company has been around since 1902 and has supplied historic
: : figures such as T. Roosevelt, Adm. Byrd, Lindbergh, Doolittle, Earhart, and famed aviation pioneer Roscoe Turner. They developed the A-2 flight jacket in 1931 (the kind you always see Spielberg wearing.) Hemingway, Edmund Hillary, the Flying Tigers, the 8th Air Force, and the whole Army Air Corps in WW 2 wore their clothing.
: : This company even supplied the stars of 1953's "Mogambo." So,
: : I wonder why Lucasfilms didn't give them the business. This place is probably the most reasonably priced source you'll find for the Indy pants and shirt. I have their last 16 catalogs, and their merchandise is impressive. Unfortunately there is no website or e-mail listed, just fax
: : and phone. No disappointment here.

: : True enough, W&G makes great stuff. I bought their Army Air Corps A-2 for my Dad's 60th birthday present in the horsehide. (I almost wanted to keep it for myself.) However, as far as getting your hands on those poplin shirts that have the epaulets like IJ's shirt, well, forget it! I've tried three times to get that shirt in the light khaki color and no dice. Seems W&G has been having some problems with the fabric supplier. It's most frustrating considering the shirts are probably the cheapest items in the whole catalog....-CP

They're currently having the same problem regarding the pants. Backordered until sometime in august. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]