Another reason I particularly love the Wested...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 25, 2000 at 15:07:05:

In Reply to: Re: wested problem - my sympathies posted by Satipo on January 25, 2000 at 13:57:10:

Stay with me - I do get to the point.

I've been a recreational powerlifter for the last 13 years, and prior to that I was a competitive powerlifter/bodybuilder. I've been lifting since I was 14 - 22 years. Currently my bench is hovering between 450 and 500. Depending on how faithful I am to my workouts and what part of the training cycle I'm in, my chest varies from 47 to 50 inches, while my arms vary from 20 to 22 inches. My waist is pretty steady at 36 inches. I'm 6'2" and 240 lbs.

Needless to say, I have never been able to buy suits off the rack. I generally can find a suit for $300-$400, but then pay $300 for alterations. I've never had a nice casual jacket because I've always had to get something huge. I usually end up looking like the Michelin man.

With Wested, I get a custom-made leather jacket for around $300. Talk to Peter about your concerns about sizing - he's great at coming up with solutions. This is what they do for me: 48 Regular, -1 inch shoulder to shoulder (compensates for large chest), taper to 36 inch waist (so I don't look like I'm wearing a sack), and they add a bit of room to the upper arms (I give them the range they vary over), and drop the armpit about 1 inch (added movement for upper arms and lats). The result is a fit and look I've never been able to get in any casual jacket.

Bottom line: determine a reasonable size you'll maintain over time. Don't tell them your Arnold when you’re not. Be realistic. Communicate that to Peter and/or Jerry. They know their business.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: