Actually, check out the Euro titles.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.170 on June 22, 1998 at 10:34:32:

In Reply to: They don't get much better posted by Hunter on June 22, 1998 at 10:23:26:

I agree, most of the American titles are lame. Philosopher's Stone comes closest, but even that is so-so. The worst thing about MacGregor's novels is that they get too New Age-y (he's big into that stuff) and he tends to write the same ending over and over (check out the Seven Veils and the Genesis Deluge - both climax with Indy having his butt saved by the vision of an old man - borrrring!).

I seriously (SERIOUSLY!) recommend you check out the European titles. It's taking me a long time to get through the German books (mainly because I don't speak or read German - I'm translating everything as I go) but the one I'm currently reading is much more like an Indy film than the American dredge. I breezed through the French graphic novels, and they were very good also. Plus, the pictures make them easier to read. Micah has a listing of all of these on the site. If you need to know how to get them, let me know and I'll pass along the info.
walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]