I agree with you.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Satipo from 98AAC9D3.ipt.aol.com on January 26, 2000 at 06:16:27:

In Reply to: HERBERT JOHNSON'S FEDORA IS THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE INDY FEDORA AND HERE'S WHY!!!!!!!!!! posted by Matt Walker on January 25, 2000 at 16:56:59:

: : OK, the hat debate continues so here is another argument for the HJ hats. Ok I have said time and time again that my HJ hat looks identical to the hats in Crusade and many have agreed with me. However many have argued that they are looking for the Raiders look which requires a different hat than the HJ to attain the specific raiders look. Well I placed here six pictures from indyfan's galleries. One from the side and one from the front of the hat from each of the films. Besides the fact the Raiders hat looks like it got ran over by a tank, all three hats look almost identical. I say this because then the HJ which looks exactly like the Crusade fedora could easily be modified by making slight changes to make it into the raiders or temple look. Tighten the pinch, move the snap on the front brim back, make the front dents deeper and longer, and beat the shit out of it BAM!! u got a raiders hat. Just deepen the dents and u got a temple. Leave it alone you got a crusade. The Herbert Johnson is the TRUE INDIANA JONES FEDORA and you should except no imitations!!! I dont know why everybody slams the HJ but whoever does is wrong.

: : MATT WALKER

:
:
:

:
:
:

:
:
:

Looking at the pictures, and comparing the height of the hats against Ford's face, I think that it is clear that the Raiders hat is no higher than the other two. It is just an illusion brought about by the different pinching and shaping of the brim. As for HJ admitting the poet is not the same model used in Raiders, can anyone else confirm this?

Adios,

Satipo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: