Point taken and agreed with...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from gw.wizards.com on January 26, 2000 at 16:55:08:

In Reply to: Herbert Johnson posted by Matt Walker on January 26, 2000 at 15:23:56:

: The only reason I argue for the HJ all the time is because everybody seems to despise them on the forum and I don't know why. I think they are great hats and are as close to a replica as you can get to an Indy hat. And if I don't defend HJ, who will?

: Matt

I would only like to add 2 points of clarification:

1.) I have nothing against HJ. I'd love to have one of their hats. But for the money, I keep thinking "man, I could get another Wested". My weakness is the jacket - I'm just not a $300 hat person. My limit seems to be $100. That's the beauty of this hobby - all are able to participate without regard to price sensitivity, relative to their desire for authenticity (and their particular definition thereof).

2.) I'm just anal enough to feel uncomfortable when somebody says any item is "the" item. About the only areas I feel comfortable saying that relate to the shoes (thank goodness for Alden's) and the Raider's and LC jackets from Wested. The hat just does not lend itself to that degree of uncertainty. Again, that's what makes this fun. Don't you think?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: