Re: Herbert Johnson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walker from r76h135.res.gatech.edu on January 26, 2000 at 17:53:10:

In Reply to: Re: Herbert Johnson posted by Michaelson on January 26, 2000 at 16:26:47:

Actually I remember many posts where people said that the Herbert Johnson was nothing like the ones in the movies anymore which is totally false. They said everything from color, shape, and crown height were different on the HJ. I just always try to defend that it does closely resemble the Crusade hat. Now maybe there are subtle differences between the HJ made in 1989 worn by Mr. Ford and the current offering, but they are as close as they come. True I have seen a few owners defending the hat, but I am just trying to make sure if people have the money to buy a Herbert Johnson that they aren't deterred from buying one because of misinformation about its quality and appearance. I do have to agree with you that you can get an equal quality hat for 1/2 or maybe even 1/3 the price. I have the Official Indy Hat and the Indiana Miller and I would say they are just as nice as far as quality goes. But I still retain that the HJ fedora looks exactly like the hat from Crusade and is a wonderful hat and the service HJ gives is great. I just sent it back to be stretched and reblocked. I realise that many people cannot justify buying a 300 dollar hat but if they can then I just want to make sure they know that Herbert Johnson is the way to go in my opinion. I mean I would have a hard time buying a 300 dollar hat if it didn't look very similar if not exactly like the hats in the movies. And I think that is what many people are being persuaded to think. So if you are one of those people, don't believe it. And if nobody is being persuaded to believe that then ignore me.

Matt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]