Very happy with "official" fur felt version

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alaska Jim from LAURB102-02.splitrock.net on January 27, 2000 at 02:02:46:

In Reply to: Fedoras, Hats, Headaches and Heated Discussions. posted by GCR on January 26, 2000 at 13:45:22:

I completely agree. It really depends on the person. I have wanted an Indiana Jones fedora since I first saw Indiana Jones at age 11. For YEARS I asked for one at Christmas and around my birthday. But I never got it. It was just too much money for my dad to justify in a family of six. So I just gave up, and kept dreaming. BUT!!!! This Christmas, I only got one present, and I couldn't figure out what it was! It was a box. When I took the wrapping paper off, I saw the words "Hat Barn, Fredericksburg, Va." I knew IMMEDIATELY what it was. It was the most memorable Christmas moment I've ever had. In that moment, my childhood dreams came true. I owned an Indiana Jones fedora - it even said Indiana Jones on the sweatband. It was FUR felt. For one moment I wasn't in college with bills to pay, I was a carefree 11 year old kid again. I didn't care that it wasn't a HJ, a stetson, akubra, or that it had a tear drop crown or whatever. It was and is my adventure gear, my childhood dream, and the best surprise I could've have ever asked for on Christmas morning.

Indiana Jones is my hero!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]