Re: Wow! Imagine Indiana Jones, Pitfall Harry and Lara Croft all teaming up! :D (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on January 27, 2000 at 09:52:02:

In Reply to: Re: Wow! Imagine Indiana Jones, Pitfall Harry and Lara Croft all teaming up! :D (nm) posted by JuggleEwok on January 27, 2000 at 09:23:55:

: I played Pitfall 2 all the time... was the first video game I ever beat! Wow, the memories...

Yeah! :)

It was one of the first games I could remember that actually had a plot and specific goals that needed to be completed to finish the game (as I recall, Pitfall Harry had to find a certain diamond, his niece and his scaredy-cat, all of whom got lost in the underground caverns somehow). Even Pitfall had a more similiar theme to most of the other games of the day (i.e. just keep going until you either die or run out of time), even though that was an awesome game as well! :D

It was also one of the largest games of its day... it was kind of the Infernal Machine of the early-mid 1980's. Which is funny, since both Pitfalls were definitely inspired by the Indiana Jones movies (and two of the rare Indy-inspired games that didn't feel at all like 'rip-offs'). :)

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]