Re: Indiana Miller Question...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 27, 2000 at 12:41:59:

In Reply to: Indiana Miller Question... posted by Freudenthal on January 27, 2000 at 10:51:32:

: I have been wanting to get an Indy fedora for years, and it seems like now there are a couple of good low-cost options available. I've narrowed my selection down to two choices, the Stetson 005 Indy or the open-crowned Indiana Miller. I am leaning towards the Miller hat. With its 5-5/8 inch crown and a 2-3/4 inch brim size it seems to be a good choice for creating the Raiders look. I was wondering about the flange that they show--is this what they use to make the brim front "snap down" to make the hat look arched when viewed from the side? I was thinking about making the brim a dimensional cut (2-3/4 x 2-5/8) by following the same procedures in the Akubra Conversion article by Patterson. Would the already-present flanged snap-down interfere or cause difficulties in this?

: Any comments about the Indiana Miller would be appreciated. I really love this IndyFan-IndyGear site--its the best, and the forum always has interesting and thoughtful discussions. Thanks for any help you can provide!

I wasn't aware that the 005 had a flanged rim...I thought it was a raw edge. If it is indeed flanged, yes, it will interfer with your dimensional cut, and personally I wouldn't recommend messing around with the cut, as the entire flange would need to be removed to make it look right, and then your brim would be to narrow. Can anyone with the 005 confirm this flange? If it does not, you're in business should you decide to do the cut as described by Patterson. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]