Congratulations!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 27, 2000 at 13:42:39:

In Reply to: Got my Wested today! Few questions on it... posted by Erick on January 27, 2000 at 13:25:29:

: Well I finally got my Wested Raiders version today.
: Had to pay $22.26 in duty taxes, I heard that some people had to pay the duty tax and some didn't, why's that?

: Also it fits great except for maybe the sleeve length.
: If my arms are at my sides it the sleeves fall right to my wrists, but if I extend them out it becomes alittle short. Is this a normal fit and will the leather shrink any in time?
: The shoulder seams are a good length, they actually fall just past my shoulders.

: Thanks,
: Erick
:

Hi Erick. What I have been told by my local postal office is that if you live within shipping distance of an international airport, you don't get tagged with the customs fee. If you don't live close to an international airport, you will get dinged the fee, so it's pretty common. Sounds to me like the sleeves are just a hair short. No, speaking for myself, I have experienced no shrinkage of the leather....quite the contrary, once the leather achieves it's "drape" over time with usage, it seemed to stretch slightly to conform to your personal shape. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]