Re: Sledding Hill named after Great Pat Roach

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Satipo (call me Sapito) from spider-wc011.proxy.aol.com on June 22, 1998 at 19:02:12:

In Reply to: Sledding Hill named after Great Pat Roach posted by Jim Satipo (call me Sapito) on June 20, 1998 at 16:46:53:

: I admire all of you who, like me, have kept Raiders alive and well in your hearts these 17 years, as well as the sequels. (My personal last viewing of Raiders was Wednesday June 10 with John "Barranca" Toppe).

: I know that you honor The Great Pat Roach as much as I do, so I wanted to share some news with you: There is a sledding hill in Mequon, WI, which is extremely dangerous (fast, full of divots, trees on it, a snow fence along the bottom). No one has ever come back from that hill without at least bumps and bruises. One man cracked his shin. Another dislocated his shoulder. A third spit blood. My worst injury was a smashed shoulder and a bruised butt.

: Since this hill is able to cause such injuries with ease, it seemed only fitting to me and a few other faithful fans to name it after the greatest injury inducer of all time: Pat Roach.

: If you are ever in the area and feel brave enough to attempt a run down this hill, you can find it at the intersection of Hwy 57 (Cedarburg Road) and Highland Road just north of Mequon, WI.

: JIM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]