Are you absolutely certain that the miller hat has a 5 5/8 inch open crown?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-161.COL.cableone.net on January 27, 2000 at 18:27:31:

In Reply to: Indiana Miller Question... posted by Freudenthal on January 27, 2000 at 10:51:32:

: I have been wanting to get an Indy fedora for years, and it seems like now there are a couple of good low-cost options available. I've narrowed my selection down to two choices, the Stetson 005 Indy or the open-crowned Indiana Miller. I am leaning towards the Miller hat. With its 5-5/8 inch crown and a 2-3/4 inch brim size it seems to be a good choice for creating the Raiders look. I was wondering about the flange that they show--is this what they use to make the brim front "snap down" to make the hat look arched when viewed from the side? I was thinking about making the brim a dimensional cut (2-3/4 x 2-5/8) by following the same procedures in the Akubra Conversion article by Patterson. Would the already-present flanged snap-down interfere or cause difficulties in this?

: Any comments about the Indiana Miller would be appreciated. I really love this IndyFan-IndyGear site--its the best, and the forum always has interesting and thoughtful discussions. Thanks for any help you can provide!

This is news to me. I thought it was the same height as the Nostalgia. What are your sources on this info? thanks, Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]