Re: Sure does

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave from slip-32-100-95-60.co.us.prserv.net on January 28, 2000 at 07:27:45:

In Reply to: Re: Sure does posted by Steve on January 27, 2000 at 20:10:33:

: : : : I have been wanting to get an Indy fedora for years, and it seems like now there are a couple of good low-cost options available. I've narrowed my selection down to two choices, the Stetson 005 Indy or the open-crowned Indiana Miller. I am leaning towards the Miller hat. With its 5-5/8 inch crown and a 2-3/4 inch brim size it seems to be a good choice for creating the Raiders look. I was wondering about the flange that they show--is this what they use to make the brim front "snap down" to make the hat look arched when viewed from the side? I was thinking about making the brim a dimensional cut (2-3/4 x 2-5/8) by following the same procedures in the Akubra Conversion article by Patterson. Would the already-present flanged snap-down interfere or cause difficulties in this?

: : : : Any comments about the Indiana Miller would be appreciated. I really love this IndyFan-IndyGear site--its the best, and the forum always has interesting and thoughtful discussions. Thanks for any help you can provide!

:
: : :
: : : This is news to me. I thought it was the same height as the Nostalgia. What are your sources on this info? thanks, Steve

: : Go to http://www.millerhats.com/derby6.htm It says it right in the hat description. Surprised me too. Regards. Michaelson

:
: Hey, I checked out the site, and it does list the height as being that! I can remember talking to Bobby Miller a couple years ago and telling him we needed a taller crowned hat than was currently being offered. At that time he said he was looking into this, but I never followed up on it. Looks like he was good to his word. Now I am gonna have to order one and see for myself. Guess my new Custom Hatter fedora will have to wait, which really helps the wallet. Does anyone own one of these fedoras? I would like a product report. Thanks, Steve

I am awaiting arrival of my own Open Crowned Indy Miller. I am expecting it by Saturday. I will let you know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]