And what, pray tell, is wrong with High Road to China?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hannibal King from gatekeeper.astra.com on January 28, 2000 at 11:06:41:

In Reply to: Idle thought: I wonder what the chatter would be like over at a "High Road to ChinaFan Forum"? posted by Inbanana Jones (Bored) on January 28, 2000 at 03:11:57:

Hey,

Personally, I think that "High Road to China" is a damned fine film! I think that it showed that Selleck probably had the charisma to carry off Indy if he'd ever gotten the chance. The music's fantastic - mellow, romantic, sweeping. There are some excellent lines

i.e Brian Blessed's character invites O'Malley, Eve and Struts for dinner

Struts : "Is he going to feed us or eat us?"

The film had some low production values, but struggled manfully with them. The cast was superb - with the possible exception of Bess Armstrong who wasn't bad. The location work was piss poor, but it made up for that.

And it had Wolf Kahlers incredible jawline as a German Air Ace.

It ranks well above, King Solomons Mines, or any of those movies.

I also think that Tom Sellecks flying coat was almost as great as Indy's jacket.

Is there anyone out there who'll back me up on this huh? Please?

If you consider that the film originally was going to star Roger Moore and Bo Derek and be set in 1983, we should all be more than a little thankful that it was as good.

I pray that one day we'll see

High Road to India or High Road to Egypt!

Seeya

Hannibal

by the way - this is a heartfelt plea to re-evaluate a much maligned movie.

: Not that it's a good flick or anything.
: The best part of it was the end credits, with that biplane swooping over the rolling credits, just turning lazy rolls and Immelman's.
: Is Immelman's spelled right???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]