Re: Forget the Nazis, let's have Indy battle Communist China!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust227.tnt1.slt2.da.uu.net on June 22, 1998 at 23:31:23:

In Reply to: Forget the Nazis, let's have Indy battle Communist China!! posted by RikDuel on June 22, 1998 at 21:54:50:

: Night before last, I went to see the new Scorcese film, Kundun, which tells the life story of Tibet's Dalai Lama. Now I don't recommend this as an Indy-type adventure flick (although it is a beautiful film), but one thing that did strike me was how perfect the Chinese Army, who were depicted as the villains in Kundun, would be as the antagonists in an Indiana Jones movie. I thought the same thing after seeing Seven Years in Tibet (which was not as good as Kundun, but anyway). Their attitudes towards religion and religious artifacts, would automatically place them at odds with Indy.

: It would be interesting I think. While the Nazis were usually racing Indy in order to gain the artifact for themselves, you'd instead have Indy fighting the Chinese to prevent them from destroying important artifacts in the name of Communism. And, setting the film in China could be a good excuse to re-introduce Short Round, perhaps as an adult and not only as cute comic relief this time.

Great Idea! that actually would be a sweet film, especially shorty the adult part! they were flirting with the chinese villain concept for the third installment, but felt it was too unfamiliar to the audience! too bad.

--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]