Question on Alden's

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jules from spider-th034.proxy.aol.com on January 28, 2000 at 17:46:56:

OK, I got my Alden's in late December. For some reason they are the reddish brown color that was supposedly stopped being used. Let me tell you, when it is paired with the Wested, they look like CRAP (the shoes appear red). I want to f*** these suckers up good in as little time as I can. I want them to be the brown-khaki color that they were in the movies. I don't necessarily want the boots to look like shit (cause beleive me, I would've worn them out in the snow in Colorado when I went last week), but I do want a color change.

I am thinking of using leather dye, but is there any way I can protect the stitching and have it still have it's brownish-white color?

P.S. Please list as many technique's as you can to get these Alden's looking worn (if only in color). Also I have a problem, on the right boot after I tie it the tongue usually slides off to the right. Any ideas on how to make it so that the tongue will stay in the center?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]