Re: sallah the traitor/Alleb Quartermain

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alexander Korycinski from spider-tn042.proxy.aol.com on June 23, 1998 at 06:14:04:

In Reply to: sallah the traitor posted by nitzsche on June 22, 1998 at 23:26:52:

:Could't agree more. Both movies are the worst pap I'v ever tried sitting through. The second one must've come out after Temple, because I recall on sequence where Allen and Sharon are in a canoe that gets swept into an underground cave/river. At the terminus is a underground lake with (naturally) a whirlpool in it. For this the film makers thought they'd be smart and tried using what Spieilburg dubbed "Go-motion" amination.

What Temple achived in the mine-car chase was spectacular. You can tell which shots are animated, but they were done so well you can suspend disbelief.

When they tried that in Allen Quartermain's flick boating thru the tunnels and getting caught in the whilrpool it looked like stick figures in a kindergarden production. Roger Harryhousen (Roger?) of the 2 Sinbad movies (The Seventh Vovage of... and the Golden Voyage of...) did fantastic work for the time. Interspercing live and animated bits.

Indy Rocks! Quartermain Rots!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]