Re: HF and ET/changing demographics out of our favor

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alexander Korycinski from spider-tn042.proxy.aol.com on June 23, 1998 at 06:32:42:

In Reply to: HF and ET posted by Arc on June 22, 1998 at 16:44:15:

I can't say exactly where I saw it at, but there was a news segment on the same subject of our aging action hollywood heroes. Ford was mentioned, as well as Arnold (I'm not even going to attempt the last name!), and Bruce Willis (who's career is so scattershot it's amazing he continues to put out a movie every 6 months it seems.), and Mel Gipson.

The big $$ in Hollywood has always come from the teenagers up into the 20 somethings. The older you get, the fewer movies you go to see. As a result, the demographics are indeed changing.

If Harrison were to stop making movies today, I can honestly say I know of no one we could count on for a consistant dose of high-quality action leads in the movies.

Just as with music, with our old standbys getting grey, there's no pop artists I can listen to recording today. Same goes with the movies. Who's coming up to carry on in the tradition? Brad Pitt is one canditate I supposse, Keanu Reeves I don't care for. Really, who is there?

And while I'm on the subject, what ever happened to Arnlod anyay?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]