Re: Uncomfortable in public

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by California Jones from 209.37.101.125 on January 29, 2000 at 14:06:52:

In Reply to: Re: Uncomfortable in public posted by Steve on January 29, 2000 at 10:04:23:

I wear my fedora with leather jacket quite often. Usually, it is with jeans and tshirt, or slacks and a dress shirt for work. I really think that unless you have the whole ensemble together, you are not going for impersonation. It is simply a good look together. My friends at work sometimes call me Indy, but it is good natured. I have gotten looks on the street, but was never made uncomfortable by it. A lot of people nowadays wear some sort of crushable felt hat with a leather jacket, so I really don't think it stands out all that much.

Of course, I am 6'1" tall and 200 lbs as well, so people are not that inclined to insult anybody my size either. I can see how some of the younger members of the forum would encounter taunting,but once you are in the adult world, it really does not happen. I know, becauase I was young, skinny and into Star wars and star trek back in the 70's. I'm 38 now. I know if I had worn an Indy jacket and fedora back then, I would have gotten some ripping.

Ultimately, we all love our Indy stuff, so why hide it away? The great part of collecting Indy gear is that we CAN wear it and not look stupid. I mean, there is no way I am going out dressed as Darth Vader or Captain Picard. But putting on the old fedora and wested is no problem. Just leave out the bag and whip!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]