The aldens color quesion

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by K. Allard from dial181.insolwwb.net on January 29, 2000 at 15:29:59:

Someone asked about the color of the aldens boots and what hppened to them. I had the same question and here is the email i got back. But really no matter what happens I'm going to purchase these boots. I'll shut up now and let Mr. White talk

"The confusion on the shade of brown seen in the Indy boot is quite understandable. There are numerous photos out there and they are all showing different browns.

The primary reason for this is that Alden has had to change there leather source for the boot a couple of times.
Several years ago the leather used was a medium to dark brown, whereas the current leather in the boot is a medium to light brown.

The other factor is the use and care of particular pairs of the boot. Some fellas go for a high maintenance approach -- keep them shined up and lookin' good! Other Indy owners like the rough and tumble look of a boot that has been on a lot of adventures.

To answer your question -- there is only one #405 (Indy Boot) available -- there are not different leather choices to select. The pairs will vary somewhat, because the leather is organic, and the colors have slight shade differences in the tanning process. When ordering, you can request 'lightest pair available', or 'darkest pair available' -- but that is the only variable.

You can then influence the color of your boots by how you take care of them -- lighter or darker polish, etc.

Regards,
Allen White"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: