Re: About Indy IV...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by THUGSTER from proxy3-external.twsn1.md.home.com on January 30, 2000 at 08:07:59:

In Reply to: About Indy IV... posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on January 29, 2000 at 23:56:01:

:
: : Also, do ya think that Jefferey Boam's death will make Indy IV more or less plausible?

: It is hard to say for sure what Boam's death will do for Indy 4, but I think Indy IV will continue after his death. Here is an example of a past Lucasfilm experience they did. Back in 1978, Lucas hired Leigh Brackett to write the screenplay for Empire Strikes Back. She wrote the 1st draft of ESB, definitely setting the tone and mood for the film. About a week later, she died. The script, although good, needed some reworking and some parts developed more, Lucas was desperate to get someone to finish it off and fine-tune it. Lucas found Lawrence Kasdan to continue it. I suspect if Lucas and Spielberg are going to use the script and story that Jeffrey Boam wrote (whatever it may be), they'll probably hire some writer to continue it. And probably on the opening credits we would see Indy 4 "written by Jeffrey Boam and [name of other screenwriter here]." That was also the case for The Empire Strikes Back in 1980 (which read of course, "written by Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan."

: Does this sound plausible Indyfans?

: -------------
: -------------
When you started talking about how Lawrence Kadan wrote Empire Stikes Back after the other persons death, that got me thinking. If Lucas, Spielberg and Kasdan have a good
relationship, and he wrote Raiders of the Lost Ark, has there been any talks about him coming in to write Indy IV?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]