In memory of Jeffery Boam

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk104042.res-hall.nwu.edu on January 30, 2000 at 16:45:38:

Hi, all. I have not posted here in a very long time, but I couldn't let Mr. Boam's death go by without posting something. Jeffery Boam was one of my very favorite screenwriters, one who inspired me to want to do the same, and led me to my major at college. Nobody could craft sheer adventure out of the written word like he could. If you've never read the script to "Last Crusade," I suggest that you do. It's available online, I think. I'm pretty sure there's a link somewhere on this site; otherwise, try Drew's script-o-rama. Anyway, it's a fantastic script, as is "Lethal Weapon 2" and "The Phantom," (a great, vastly underrated adventure movie). And of course, Mr. Boam also co-created the series I take my name for this board from, "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr." If you've never seen this show you owe it to yourself to check it out one Saturday morning on TNT. It's the best Indy that's not Indy ever. (And it stars the inimitable Bruce Campbell!) Anyway, Jeffery Boam wrote some of the most exciting scripts ever produced (and some never produced) and I truly hope that if Lucas, Ford and Spielberg ever get around to making Indy 4, they use his draft. "Indy 4" is Boam's legacy. My condolances to his family, friends and colleagues. The world has lost a great storyteller.
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]