Re: Why?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-129.COL.cableone.net on January 30, 2000 at 17:29:21:

In Reply to: Why? posted by Indiana Jules on January 30, 2000 at 16:51:58:

: : Perhaps Indy 4 will be produced once Lucasfilm realizes the perseverance of fans and the willingness of manufacturers to accomodate them.

: : By the way, great term for the hat process; sounds like a movie itself:

: : "Indyfan and the Patterson Conversion"!

:
: Why does everyone want an Akubra over a Stetson Nostalgia? It seems like you have to go through a lot of work just to get it right. Is it the crown height that makes it so close or what?

I already own the Nostalgia, and unlike some others here, mine came directly from stetson with a 5 inch open crown. A few of us maintain that theirs is around 5 1/2, which just blows my mind because after considerable correspondance with Stetson in the past, they had assured me that their dress hats, including the Nostalgia was made only with a 5 inch crown. Curiouser and curiouser! I therefore will not take any chances on the Nostalgia again. I have ordered the new Miller Indy hat with the 5 5/8 inch crown after talking with Bobby Miller and being assured that this hat is indeed that tall. I own a bunch of fedoras, but only wear 2- the custom hatter fedora and my new Akubra bushman, which has the 5 1/2 inch open crown. I really like the akubra, and it is cheap, but of good quality. I am shooting for 7 good, tall fedoras, because I wear a fedora everyday. I have a passion for hats, and I like the variety of fedoras that is becoming available for us Indy fans. regards, steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]