Sallah-Evil, human torch

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 3k$ from dialup-166.90.41.149.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net on January 31, 2000 at 03:34:18:

Saw this low budget,BLATANT Indana Jones rip off ."King Solomon's Mines",1985, starring the guy who played Sallah, Richard Chamberlain, and Sharon Stone. SO WIERD. After Richard got dragged on a chain behind a train and drug himself back on, I had to turn this dog off. But a half hour later I needed to turn it back on because one thing the film had was the Indy SPIRIT - that the people involved were, like you and I, Indyfans, only they still had that celebratory euphoria that the whole nation felt when Raiders was born.I remember how that film elevated this country- Might even be why this country turned itself around in the 80's. But Sallah played a really bad guy (effectively),he was an evil turk aiding the Germans about WWI era. He wore a turban and robe, so he looked like he did in Raiders. He's trying to kill Richard, and everybody Else. He ends up a human torch then gets vaporized in lava, in a cave ala TOD. Sharon Stone is way hot, but amaturish. the whole thing was filmed in Zimbabway which was good. Herbert Lom is fat and senile but does one sightgag,ala, pink panther, that's the only worthwile 5 seconds of this stupid moovie. 3k$

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]