Re: Rivals in grad school?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP155.dialsprint.net on January 31, 2000 at 07:49:28:

In Reply to: Rivals in grad school? posted by Inbanana Jones on January 31, 2000 at 04:23:08:

: Fan fict. possibility?

: Perhaps Indy met the older Rene while both were taking grad classes. Rene never finished his doctorate (thus the snidely voiced, "'Doctor' Jones..." at the beginning of RoLA??? Maybe he was discovered selling artifacts from the school collection, stripped of his fancy French academic garb, and tossed out...

: Having few respectable places to turn, he immersed himself into the seemy looters/collectors underworld... Perhaps Rene's early exploits would bear a close resemblance to Lucas' original conception (i.e., of Indy as a rather disreputable playboy).

: It was only later that poor, poor Rene made the fatal mistake of taking a contract from evil Mr. Schicklegruber...

Hey. I dig your ideas. I think some explanation of Belloq's relationship with the aforementioned Herr Schicklegruber is due. I've always figured that Belloq was simply using the Nazis to further his collection of ill-gotten artifacts. Maybe a novel fleshing this subject out should be undertaken. And I think fan fiction would be a good place to start.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]