Here is my opinion about the Stetson Nostalgia from Miller hats...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by S. William from 188-23.pm4-1.chambersburg.desupernet.net on January 31, 2000 at 11:56:56:

In Reply to: Help needed can anyone from indygear help me? posted by Indiana Shortround on January 30, 2000 at 22:57:32:

When the hat came in, it was in a nice big white hat box, that had their logo and E-mail address on the sides. When I opened the box, my amazement with the hat was instant. It has the ultra finish smooth fur felt and the mink (brown) color was perfect. I measured the brim and it is 2 3/4 all around (I will take the sides down to 2 1/2 using Pattersons diagrams on Indygear). The brim open was 5 5/8 at the highest point and about 5 1/2 at the front and back. When bashed the measurement in the front crease (lowest point) is five inches, the highest point on the sides is 5 2/8. Others have stated that the scale of this hat is perfect for my head. My head size is 7 1/8, an 1/8th smaller than Harrison Fords head size. The other change besides the side of the brim you would have to make, but not necessary, is the Ribbon. It is 1 3/4 instead of 1 1/2, but I have heard that the Ribbon on the Raiders Fedora was a little bigger, by how much know one has said or even if that was true, I am still pondering the Ribbon change, it looks good the way it is and would make the hat appear taller if I did go with a smaller Ribbon. But anyway, that is what my experience with a Miller hat product was. It is a great hat I am pleased with it.

Sincerely,

S. William

P. S. The hats interior has a leatherette ring with a white satin liner and the name Stetson in gold letters on the ceiling of the hat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]