Difficult find

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on January 31, 2000 at 13:34:03:

In Reply to: Help needed can anyone from indygear help me? posted by Indiana Shortround on January 30, 2000 at 22:57:32:

: I need to know where can i get a Smith & Wesson
: HE 2 or something that resembles the S&W HE2 (is
: there a replica of it or the colt,webley?)also i
: need to find a good fedora under 150.00 but i dont
: think the fedora's from miller hats good(are they
: good?) i dont want to buy a herbert and johnson
: because its expensive(authentic but expensive) and
: i dont want the "Unbashed Indiana Miller" from
: Miller hats because the ribbon doesnt look
: right(that...and im to darn lazy) are there any
: other good hats???

The older N-frame Smiths are getting harder and harder to find, or are going at a premium. The only angle I'd suggest is visiting pawn shops in your are, especially a large metropolitian area, and see if one may turn up. They sometimes do, and sell are a fairly decent price, but don't hold your breath. These large Smiths bring a hefty price at gun shows, so unless you're in a pretty decent financial status, I would not suggest you go looking for a great bargain there. I've seen them sell for anywhere from $385 up to almost $600, depending on condition. If you haven't done so already, check out the IndyGear FAQ on this question and see if there's anything there that will help you find an N-fame that will fill the bill. I make several suggestions there, so there's no need to fill Micah's server with duplicate information. If you need any further info, just email me directly. We'll "talk shop". Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]