Stetson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Optional from ppp-207-193-0-218.kscymo.swbell.net on February 01, 2000 at 01:30:02:

Let me pose a question to yew geys:
Taking for granted that in the fictional world of Indiana Jones and the time period that the films are set in, do you reeeallly think that Indy would only wear a Hebert Johnson fedora? I mean, how often did Indy actually travel to London, especially during the Nazi uprising? Granted, HJ supplied hats in at least Last Crusade(you can tell by how crummy the hats look). But I am confused in why a lot of you hard-core Indy fans assume that they made the fedoras in all the films. The TOD hats are OBVIOUSLY diverse (stetsons?), they look totally different than the fedoras used in Raiders and LC; also why would Lucasfilm grant Stetson rights to produce the cheap replicas at a time when this practice was VERY rare unless they supplied the hats used in filming?
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't most Americans of that time wear Stetson fedoras? After all, they have been in business since the mid 1800's and patriotism(ie. BUY AMERICAN!!) was very strong at that time.
On a different note, I see a lot of squabbling about the new color of the Alden boots. Look closely at the film, especially the new releases, the boots were IN FACT the original carmel/red. If you want your boots to look beat up and worn like Indy's, turn off your computer, get off your butt and WEAR THEM!!
Generic Closing,
Schorty Lambbertino Mikaelson SomekindofIndynamevarient Zorro AustinPowers the list goes on and on and on and on and...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]