Potiential plotlines!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hannibal King from gatekeeper.astra.com on February 01, 2000 at 08:54:43:

In Reply to: Deducing the plot of Indy IV through logic. posted by Shannon on January 31, 2000 at 17:03:14:

Hey,

Well Harrisons age will defintely dictate that the villains will be the "red threat" - but not in a true to life Political level but on a superficial "great bad guys" level. Similar to the Nazi's in Raidesr and LC. Speilberg won't consider Nazi's again because of the real evil of the Nazis ase portrayed in Schindlesr List. I think it would be difficult for him to go back to comic book treatments of such an evil and destructive force.

Location wise - well, true he hasn't been to China, but he hasn't been to Central Africa, Australia, Northern Europe in fact there are loads of places that he hasn't been in the movies. However, logically the Chinese could be on the trail of a Buddhist relic, or perhaps even it could start of with a search for the remains of Peking Man. Which could lead to an ancient map which could lead to Shangri La! There you go!

Villains - well, perhaps Short Round (now under his proper Chinese name) could be a patriotic Chinese archaeologist who's torn between helping his country and his old friend and mentor. And of course Pat Roach as a huge Chinese soldier.

The sad thing is Indy has so many possibilities and artefacts still to chase up - it's a darned shame that we're clamouring for a fourth film and then that'll be it!

I just personally feel that after that I'll want a fifth. And so on and so forth!

Ah well

Seeya

Hannibal

: I think we need to ask ourselves: "Is there ANY environment, country, or culture that Indiana Jones hasn't dug up yet?"
: If the answer is yes, then we ask ourselves: "What is it?"
: Once we have the answer to that, the rest of the movie should fall into place. Any suggestions? I don't think he's been to China yet...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]