I got my Indiana Miller...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupV134.mpls.uswest.net on February 02, 2000 at 01:52:27:

I ordered an UNABASHED Indiana Miller on the 19th and just got it today. I opened the box and the sumbitch was already bashed. But it popped out pretty easy and I reshaped it just as easily as I did with my Akubra. I asked about a dimensional cut (2 3/4 x 2 1/2") and "Stephanie" told me that was doable for $10 extra. So I had 'em do that but it came 2 3/4 x 2 5/8" which I think looks better anyway. The color is dead on and the ribbon is just a little(but HARDLY) too thick, it's 1 3/4" but I think 1 1/2" is too thin. The unabashed height was 5 5/8" as advertised. The height in front now is 5" with absolutely NO TAPER, sides 5 1/4", and back 4". The inside is lined with white satin with a clear plastic covering over the crown part which is bordered by about 1/8" yellow/gold satin. There's a Miller Hats crest/logo on the crown and below it it says "Custom Crafted by Biltmore". The sweatband is a nice dark soft leather with an almost Aztec type design running along the top part of it. So that's about it, this is THE BEST hat you'll get for the money. I've tried the Stetson Indy 005, the Akubra Bushman, and at least a dozen others since '89 and this is the closest I've come to the real thing. So if I were someone in the market for an Indy fedora I wouldn't waste my time OR money on a Herbert Johnson or a Stetson Temple, I'd get the Indiana Miller and when ya order put emphasis on UNABASHED. If anybody's got some questions that I haven't answered I'll be here all week, folks.

Austin....Danger Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]