DVD comments

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JustinB from 12.13.158.22 on February 02, 2000 at 13:22:23:

I just wanted to give my 2 cents about the recent uproar concerning the Indy trilogy and Star Wars films on DVD. It's my personal opinion that Lucasfilm is not attempting to piss people off or ignore the DVD owners(of which I have been for 2 years). Why would they? Lucasfilm is a business that operates because of profits--so to ignore DVD as a format would be bad for business. What I believe is going on is a huge undertaking to not only make great transfers of the movies we love but to also include a large amount of interactive content(like maps, cultural material,etc.)--not just your standard trailer and featurette. Lucas wants to do these DVDs right! He will definitely release the Indy Trilogy on DVD--it's just a matter of when the planning, transfer, and programming of interactive content is complete. At least this is how I see it. One thing I don't understand regarding the DVD release is the lack of information about the release. If my aforementioned opinion is correct, why doesn't Lucas just come out with a press release stating that? I guess he has his reasons. Anyway--let me know what you guys think.

PS: I got my Wested about a month ago and it's the heat, except the satin lining is already showing wear.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]