Re: Herbert Johnson fedora

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from bumps3.umecit.maine.edu on June 24, 1998 at 12:22:09:

In Reply to: Herbert Johnson fedora posted by nitzsche on June 24, 1998 at 07:41:52:

: is there anyway an owner of the Herbert Johnson fedora could post scanned photos or supply a good description. It seems to be the most coveted version of the fedora, coming from the original folks, but is the most difficult to get info on. the indy diggs needs some comments.

: personally, i have half a dozen hats of different quality, and i'd really like to settle on the Herbert Johnson, if i could only be sure it had unique specs from those i already have. the news about the ribbon supplied by greg is outstanding.

: i know this topic is constantly recurring, but when money and expectations are on the line...

: thanks

: --nitzsche

I currently don't have access to a scanner but I'll see what I can do. My current hat has the Hyman Hendler ribbon on it, and I am satisfied as to its looks and authenticity when comparing it to photos from the movies. I will also try to take some photos of the new hat before I wear it so people can see how the hat comes directly shipped-as everyone knows, especially with the jackets from Wested, these items can look a little odd when brand new and can scare collectors into thinking they've been duped by something that isn't genuine.
In the meantime, while I am waiting to get some pictures scanned, I will take some measurements (brim, crown, etc.) for you all to peruse. Anyone else already have photos scanned? I know Indiana Magnoli recently bought a different hat from Herbert Johnson (Trilby or McAlpine, I'm not sure which), of which he sent me pictures.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]