Re: NOTE ABOUT ALDEN'S

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em11-686.utsi.edu on February 02, 2000 at 15:40:30:

In Reply to: NOTE ABOUT ALDEN'S posted by Indiana Jules on February 01, 2000 at 16:37:46:

: <>

: As I said before, I live in St. Louis. We just got a ton of snow (as well as some SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! GO RAMS!). So I pose these two (really three) questions to you:

: 1) Do you wanna risk ruining the boots (making them CRACK) in the snow? Or get them worn?
: 2) Exactly how wise is it to wear untreaded boots in these conditions more than you have to? [Trust me, I've fallen on my ASS TWO TIMES in the past two days.]

: Dank you vedy much. I'm sorry if I seem bitchy it's just that I couldn't help it guys...Oh that does bring up an interesting point:

: Alden's are untreaded boots. Unless you want two cracks in your arse, I would not recommend wearing them in icy conditions simply because of a huge bruise I have earned.

Slick, you're right, they sure can be on snow covered surfaces. I haven't fallen, but came AWFULLY close a couple of times when out in snow. Cracking from being in snow? Not if you pre-treat them with Pecards. They won't water or salt mark at all, and if they do you just wipe it off with a dry cloth. They're waterproof after treatment, too. That's what I've experienced this winter when wearing them in snow and slush. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]