Re: RIBBON COLOR / SHAPING

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on February 02, 2000 at 19:15:15:

In Reply to: RIBBON COLOR / SHAPING posted by Austin Powers on February 02, 2000 at 14:43:02:

: I was also worried about the color of the ribbon in the picture on Miller Hats' website. But their whole picture is washed out and inaccurate. I doctored it up and got the colors to look more like mine in the above photo. The ribbon itself IS dark enough, although it's kinda "shiny" in that it catches the light more than my Stetson ribbon. It's got that nice blue/grey tint that Indy's always had and the bow looks 100% better than the Stetson Indy 005.

: As far as shaping the hat I didn't need any steam or cold water. The cat came bashed but popped out like nobody's business. So all I had to do was "re-pop" it to my liking. The felt is easier to manipulate than my Stetson, it's basically like a higher quality Akubra.

: And for the brim, I asked for 2 3/4 x 2 1/2" but the hat that showed up is 2 3/4 x 2 5/8", so the sides are 1/8" wider but I think this looks better than 2 1/2" would've. So the front and back of mine is 2 3/4" and the sides are both 2 5/8".

: Austin....Danger Powers

If your picture is doing it justice, this is one handsome fedora. Thanks for the extra effort. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]