Re: Pat Roach in LC

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sapito from spider-to082.proxy.aol.com on June 24, 1998 at 19:34:42:

In Reply to: Re: Pat Roach in LC posted by Michaelson on June 23, 1998 at 14:03:23:

:
: : : : :
: : : : : Okay, maybe I risk basishment from the hallowed halls of Indydom, but who the duce is Pat Roach?

: : : : Ah, Korycinski, I can't banish you from Indydom for the simple mistake of not memorizing the credits. However, I must leave your final sentence to the rest of the members of Indyfan. Pat Roach, in my opinion, is the greatest supporting actor in the Indy films. You probably know him better as, "the guy in Marion's bar who's arm was on fire as he tried to punch Indy", "the guy who got chopped up in the propellor", "the guy in ToD who got smooshed in the rock crusher", "the guy on the Zeppelin". You can also find him in several other movies. For further reading, I suggest simply typing Pat Roach into Netfind.

: : : : Sapito

: : : Man! That's neat! Yeah, now that I think about it (naturally after you pointed it out) I can see where the "German" that Indy had the fist fight with around the flying wing in Raiders is the same hulk (but man, he sure looked a lot bigger...) he had the fight with on the rock-crusher conveyor belt in Temple. He's also the big Shepra in The Raven too eh? Never would have guessed.

: : : However, memory fails me and I cannot place him on the Zeppelin in Crusade. What part did he play there?

: : He was just there briefly. It's hard to describe. I suggest you watch the scene again and when you see a beheamoth of a man standing between Indy and Henry, you'll know you've found Pat Roach ;^)

: Mr. Roach is the German Aerodrone representative that is running out trying to stop the Zepplin before it took off in the airport scene of LC. Regards. Michaelson

My apologies, Michaelson and Alexander. I was mistaken. I will have to pick up the slack and watch LC again. But for now, I have to read Chapters 4 and 5 for class tomorrow. Sapito

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]